All my life I’ve struggled with weight! I’ve never been that tiny, petite girl. I was always considered overweight for my height! I liked to think I had bigger bones and more muscle than most women, but I was just kidding myself. I WAS overweight!!
I recently started a program that changed my life forever and it educated me on what I was doing wrong! In less than three months, I lost 22 pounds and 20 inches! I’ve never been that successful with losing weight ever! I think the most I’ve lost when I was really trying hard was about ten pounds, then I would stall out. I tried EVERYTHING! Diet pills, working out, eating right, diet programs, the list goes on and on! If you want to get a jump start on losing weight, follow these steps:
- If you want to lose weight you HAVE to cut out sugar! You can cut out sugar and eat healthy, but as soon as you go back to eating one little bite of cake, you’ve now created that craving. Sugar cravings are probably the hardest to get rid of too! Trust me I know!
- You HAVE to cut WAY down on your carb intake! Everyone needs carbs, but we don’t need as many as we think we do. Eating too many carbs can cause you to develop insulin resistance, gain fat, elevate triglycerides, and cause many other health problems. In my opinion, that’s the second thing you need to cut down on to lose the weight!
- You do NOT want to eat a lot of protein! People think that when they are dieting, you want to eat a lot of protein. Don’t do this! You only need a moderate level of protein in your diet to lose weight. As a matter of fact, too much protein will cause weight gain because if you eat more than your body can handle, it turns to glucose. I try to eat moderate protein, or a little less than half my body weight in grams.
- You do NOT have to spend hours in the gym! Working out is very important when trying to lose weight, but you do not have to waste your life away in the gym!! I am a busy stay at home mom, so I don’t have time for that! My favorite workouts are running sprints and HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). They both burn fat in a short amount of time, boosts metabolism, builds endurance, and so much more! Check out this post to learn more about why sprints and HIIT are, in my opinion, the best workouts.
- Track your food intake and set your macros! I track everything I eat on MyFitnessPal. It also allows you to set up you goals and macros you want to follow, and it gives you awesome visuals to look at to see if you hit your goals for that day. I set up my macros with about 1200 calories, low carb, moderate protein, and high fat. It’s very easy to do this, and you get the hang of it very quickly.
- Don’t count calories, count fat! I know this completely boggles peoples mind! Everything society tells us is “don’t eat fat” and “fat makes you gain weight.” The truth is fat can help you BURN the fat. In order to do this, you have to cut out sugar and eat a low carb lifestyle. Fat is actually good for you like real butter, coconut oil, avocado oil, bacon, cheese, and there’s so much more!
- Take some good, high quality supplements! It’s important to nourish your body with vitamins and minerals. We just don’t get enough good stuff in our food, so we supplement! I added supplements to my diet to keep me healthy, boost my weight loss, keep my energy up, stabilize my hormones, help lower stress, and many other benefits.
- Drink LOTS and LOTS of water! Yes, and I mean LOTS! I drink over half my weight in water everyday! Water is probably the best thing for your body!
If you are interested in learning more about my program I am on and the supplements I take, please check out this post, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will give you my exact program I use and coach you and help you be successful in reaching your weight loss goals!